Stories about Life, Love and Other Such Nonsense

6.12.04

Hier soir DJ a sauvé mon âme avec cette chanson

(Last night a DJ saved my soul with this song.)
- Jean Leloup, 1990



Some of you asked, where did the title of this blog come from...music in my molecules? The answer to that question may make it seem like I’m a freak of nature or something, but there must be others out there like me...

The thing is, it’s like I have a radio in my head, with the tuning knob constantly streaming through the channels and no Power Off button.
One minute it’ll be tuned to Top 40 and hip-hop, the other it’s 50's Jive, followed by old school disco, some British invasion, a medley of salsa/mambo/meringue...next we’ll move onto some Bethoven and company, a little Blues from King and Clapton, throw in some Metallica and friends, 80's pop and glamrock, international mix (insert Arabic, Italian, French, Greek, Armenian,etc...), some Xmas songs (yup, even in the middle of July), followed by some Julie Andrews musical favorites. Next comes the Simpsons opening song which will get me started on sitcom songs, ad jingles, nursery rhymes, name it ...it’s playing in my head, ALL THE TIME, often simultaneously.
What most people don’t realize is this music is constantly playing, albeit at a low volume most of the time, but I go about my daily activites, conversing, reading, calculating, writing, and the DJ in my head never quits. I go to bed with a song in my head, and wake up with another. The channels change constantly, way before the half-way mark of the song, and even when I’m listening to real radio, the one in my head will be playing another tune...so I’ve come to the conclusion that music lives in my molecules, and I’ll keep on rocking ...Until the day the music dies...
So Bye-bye, Miss American Pie...Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home