Stories about Life, Love and Other Such Nonsense

26.5.05

And The Beat Goes On

- Sonny & Cher
Things have been really hectic. Two weeks ago, Poupée (who's my dear friend since the age of three) delivered a happy, bouncing boy, a little heffer weighing in a little over 9 pounds at birth, but oh so cute!


Then I spent the next 2 weeks running around like a mad woman trying to organize a baby shower for my soon-to-make-his-grand-entrance godson. Man, I never realized how much stuff a baby needs. How can something the size of a football necessitate a truckload of stuff...talk about high-maintenance. Needless to say, I learned too much about stuff that was better left unlearnt till my turn came around....have any of you seen those breastpumps? Talk about moo....
Cat decided to transfer to Toronto and left...sniff. More on this later...

The renos still continue and as we near the end, the house looks more and more like a nuclear test zone. I’ve given up and learned to turn a blind eye to the whole thing. A little plaster in my morning coffee can’t be that bad for me, I think of it as my morning mineral intake. Pacino on the other hand is losing it. He can’t stand the mess and feels like the renos will never end and furthermore he’s plagued by the pool situation which we noticed last week when we lost 30 tonnes of newly filled up water in one day through a tiny rip in the tarp. So....he’s freaking out at the prospect of becoming a frogman and diving into slimy, swampy pool water to patch the tarp! I don’t envy him. We’ve figured out some type of Mission-Impossiblesque rope/pulley system for him to dangle over the pool as he patches it...I’ll let you know how that works out. I think I’ll whistle the theme song while he’s attempting it just to motivate him and get him into the mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home