Stories about Life, Love and Other Such Nonsense

8.2.05

Mercedes Benz

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
- Janis Joplin
The winter February blahs have officially set in today. Although the temp’s been kind of warm these past few days, the bleakness of the dreary gray panorama as I stare out my window at work has me dreaming of pool-side margaritas with little umbrellas in them, brine-encrusted hair and a sarong that flaps against my thighs as I stroll on the sandy beach....
Yes my friends, I have beach withdrawal. I’ve been checking out travel packages on the net, hoping to find a sweet deal on a tropical destination. On the other hand, I’ve also been daydreaming about frolicking about the French capital . Picture it mes amis...la Blogueuse à Paris. Eating baguettes, sipping a good Beaujolais, gorging myself on cheeses and pastries, taking a promenade through the shops that line the stylish streets. How to decide.....turquoise waters as far as the eye can see and a honey-golden tan that will make your friends green...OR...kickass food, drink and shopping....Why must I choose, why can’t I have both...If only I could win the lottery... I know, I know, I’m being spoiled and whiny. I admit I want the finer things in life....does that make me a bad person?

1 Comments:

Blogger scarbie doll said...

Yo girl, tough choice. Jenniqua and I ran away to Paris last January and the weather was great. We got a great deal off Travelocity.com's last minute area:$500 to surprise Arlene for the weekend and a free dinner (at Planet Hollywood of all places, but with J you HAVE to take anything free!) Anyway, good luck whatever you choose, but if you choose Paris let me know and I'll tell you the best places to go.

11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home