Stories about Life, Love and Other Such Nonsense

19.1.05

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

-Mary Poppins

I don’t know what’s going on, it must be something in the drinking water, but everyone I know seems to be getting pregnant. Most recently, one of our couple friends asked Al and I to be godparents to their soon-to-be-arriving bundle of joy...kind of funny that Pacino will be a Godfather, very fitting...He’s already polishing his ring.

Traditionally, Godfather tasks seem to include giving good "career" advice, dishing out fun money and trying to get the Kid involved with the "family business". I’m still trying to figure out what my role as Godmother will be? My only reference seems to be that of the Fairy Godmothers (FG) Association of Disney, (Cinderella had one FG, Sleeping Beauty had 3 of them). I guess I’ll have to get myself a poofy, sparkly gown, a tall pointy conical hat with silk streaming out of the tip, and I’ll also have to equip myself with some kind of magic wand I assume. But what’s concerning me the most is that I will have to come up with some kind of Bippity-Boppity-Boo official Fairy Godmother song to sing while I’ll be whipping around transforming rags into luxury threads, pumpkins into pimped-up rides, and rats into hotties...hmm, maybe that’s why so many men ARE rats... someone’s been wand-happy.

Personally, I’d prefer the role of the practically perfect (in every way) nanny Mary Poppins. She was so IT. Then I could float with the wind with the help of my trusty umbrella and travel around with a big-ass bavool (Turkish for suitcase-trunk) from which I’d extract a plethora of items to the delight of my godchild. Now all I have to do is master the words of the song and I’ll be ready for my godmotherly duties......Zippity-doo-da, zippity day...wait a sec, those are the wrong words, oops.......

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious
If you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home