Stories about Life, Love and Other Such Nonsense

20.12.04

Trapped Under Ice

I don't know how to live through this hell
Woken up, I'm still locked in this shell
Frozen soul, frozen down to the core
Break the ice, I can't take anymore
Freezing
Can't move at all
Screaming
Can't hear my call
I am dying to live
Cry out

I'm trapped under ice - Metallica

Yikes, It’s freaking freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing today! It's so cold not even your nips want to peek out to see what's going on. I had to whip out the heavy artillery this morning...thermal longjohns, headband, neckwarmer, the works...Normally, these items only see usage when I hit the slopes, but today......
Already I didn’t want to get out of bed in the morning. But to wake up only to be accosted with -25C temperatures (-39C with windchill) is just inhumane! There should be a law in Canada that if the temperature goes below-20, we should all just stay home, light a fire in the fireplace and sip some hot chocolate...Mmmmmm....
Instead I had to wake up to a frozen, weak battery that just wouldn’t cooperate, run out to CrappyTire and buy some booster cables (what kind of Canuck am I anyways not to own booster cables in the first place?), sit in traffic for 1 ½ hours, and 5 hours later I’m still frozen to the bone. On days like this I think...Why, oh why, did my parents immigrate here instead of California or something....The snow I can deal with as I’ve grown up loving it, but this goddamn chill that seeps into every crevasse of my double helix is just unbearable. Bah humbug!

1 Comments:

Blogger scarbie doll said...

So I have finally found a moment to check out your blog in full. It is awesome! Love how you start each one with a song! You are a very good writer AND a left-brained science chick -- how is that even possible? I am impressed. Keep 'em coming!

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home